5/24/10

faith2faith #2

Psalm 69:33
"For the LORD heareth the poor, and despiseth not his prisoners."

many times in scripture a child of God is likened to one who is poor. even our Lord did so with the Beatitudes in the book of Matthew. what brings my attention to this verse is the second half. here we are called His prisoners.

upon closer inspection one can see that we are bought with a price so in reality we are His prisoners. it gives a whole new meaning to Luke 14:33, John 3:33 & I Corinthians 6:19 & 20. even the Psalmist said himself that he "would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God that to dwell in the tents of wickedness."

one of my favorite hymns is George Matheson's "Make Me A Captive, Lord". the 1st verse is my favorite:
Make me a captive, Lord, and then I shall be free.
Force me to render up my sword, and I shall conqueror be.
I sink in life's alarms when by myself I stand;
Imprison me within Thine arms, and strong shall be my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment