3/6/09

a whosowhat?


Its plain and simple. Children can understand it. Teenagers have given into it. Adults of all ages have chosen to accept it. From tribes in the depths of Africa to the cold streets of Russia and even across the deserts of India people have realized this one prevailing truth. Jesus Christ died and rose again for everyone's (yours and mine included) sin. Romans 10:13 states, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved.” At the age of 14 in a Baptist church in Kokomo, IN, I became a whosoever. Now I had been raised in this church yet I never could actually pinpoint a time when I accepted Christ as my Saviour. Yes, my mother told me I had done it at the age of seven. That didn't make me saved. So I took that step of faith, realized I was a lost sinner, and asked Jesus to take away my sin and come into my heart.
Have you become a whosoever? Could you actually say there was a time in your life when you chose to accept Christ's payment on the cross for your sins? Not what the church, your parents or even your neighbor told you was the way to salvation, but what God Himself told us is the ONLY way to salvation. I wish you would accept this gift. It will truly determine where you spend eternity. First you must realize you are a sinner. The bible says in Romans 3:23, “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” This includes everyone even myself. Next, Romans 6:23 says, “For the wages of sin is death.” Death? Yes, as punishment for our sin we will die. Not just an earthly death but if we do not accept Christ's payment we will die a spiritual death in hell. Now I don't want to go to hell, do you? Romans 5:8 tells us, “But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” What was that? While we were yet sinners... we weren't even born when Christ died. True, but God did know that one day you and I would be. So He made provision for that day by sending His Son to take our place and pay for our sin. I know I could never pay for all my sin, could you?
Now if at this point you have realized you are a sinner, you agree that you will one day spend an eternity in hell as payment for this sin, and you believe that Christ paid for your sins on the cross then there is only one thing left to do. What did I mention was in Romans 10:13? “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord, shall be saved.” Yes, simply say either out loud or to yourself: Jesus, I know I am a sinner and I know that my punishment is hell but I accept your payment for my sin on the cross and I ask you to some into my heart. I accept you as the only way to heaven and life everlasting.
Now if you prayed that prayer then you are now a whosoever! Praise God! I might never see you here on this earth but one day in heaven I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment